Objectives of Grace’s Place
- Help children survive
- Fill a gap in providing specialist services to children and young people who have been victims of homicide.
- Help children define their own needs, desires and goals to recognise and address the barriers to realising them.
- Teach adults how to help themselves and the children in their care
- Avoid secondary tragedies within families
- Improve capacity and capability to meet needs
- Provide a means to educate other providers in counselling and supporting children and young people who have been victims of homicide
- Provide a model that can be replicated throughout Australia
- Take pressure off other Mental Health service providers
- Help them to reconnect and become socially inclusive
- Reduce potential for future domestic & other forms of violence
- Alleviate the consequences of current domestic & other forms of violence
broaden economic benefits for the community